April Winner, May Award and What's going on

April Winner, May Award and What's going on

Postby KingKivuli » May 13th, 2012, 12:33 am

Firstly I would like to severely apologise, for the lack of attention the awards have gotten recently. This is kinda a mix of things. Just us mods sorting other stuff, real life taking over with looking for jobs or doing exams as such they have suffered. Also recently I have been away to the Whitby Goth Weekend at the end of April and I am due to leave for Confuzzled, a furry convention in the UK, at the end of this one. So here's just a quick run down of what is going to happen

First of a big congrats to Azdgari to winning last month, I'll get a banner to you ASAP. Adastra I know it says it was a tie but, at the time the thread was due to close, and indeed past it, members confirmed he won it. So well done for getting that far and same goes to the others

Now with this months award. It's not happening, plain and simple. People have exams, jobs, RL, I'm going away and its already half the month. So next month, June, we are going to have a double winner to make up the numbers. 8 people in total in the voting round and you gotta pick just 2

Other quick news, the MLK Radio.. yeah this baby is suffering the most and I am sorry, time and indeed money (yes it costs to run the stream) are low, I do have some night off but again its the money issue so unless people out there really want the radio and really want to pay for it, it isn't happening, maybe every once in a while, probs TLK Birthday but for the love of god don't hold me to it, I will try

That's all I got to say really, other than us mods are still around so any issues just hit the PM button or the flag/report button and we will try and help
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Pride Points: 53

Re: April Winner, May Award and What's going on

Postby Flip_FTW » May 13th, 2012, 7:53 am

Okay. Mlk radio, sure. But I can't believe you guys didn't have a solitary five minutes to start an award thread, pretty sure I started one of those when I was on the staff and it took me less than the time to drink my cup of tea... And why not let the other staff members take on these events if you are going to be too busy?

I understand what you are saying, but for someone who just became our admin, it's not really good is it? And it's not doing any favours for the already all time low activity levels...
Cause I wear my heart on my sleeve
If you cut me I’ll bleed
I know I cannot erase
Every mistake that I've made
I never said I was an angel, no
I never said I wouldn't break down
But life keeps on moving
By now you should know
I’m only human
Flip_FTW

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 216

Postby KingKivuli » May 13th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Er flip no need to throw venom at me, it's not like I've just abandoned MLK entirely and its not just me. Also real life before online. I've been away, have a job to look for, a fiancee to spend time with, a house to help clean and sort out, and a ton of little things which I am not listing.

I dont do this stuff for my health, I do it cause I know the forum enjoys it, I have a life behind the screen and sometimes MLK and other places I visit, are going to suffer. Up till now I am proud of the work if done. I could so easy just turn around and give up the awards and radio but no, I am still trying to make it work

You know first hand flip mods do more than people think behind the scenes and that's more so now since we are trying to keep the forum a happy place for everyone in some way shape or form. As for activity levels, I am on the forum when I can be, checking things over and helping if a problem is pointed out. Just cause I dont post doesnt mean I am not there
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby Flip_FTW » May 13th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Edit - NVM. lol
Cause I wear my heart on my sleeve
If you cut me I’ll bleed
I know I cannot erase
Every mistake that I've made
I never said I was an angel, no
I never said I wouldn't break down
But life keeps on moving
By now you should know
I’m only human
Flip_FTW

Pride Points: 216

Postby Ufasimba » May 14th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Hi King Kivuli,
I know I am new and don't have any idea of the specific history here. But from being on quite a few forums and also being a Mod for a while I would like to share some thoughts.

Life does have a way of becoming busy and everyone has periods when your time and energy is absorbed by more pressing things. You certainly do have quite a bit going on (and congratulations on the engagement!). Things tend to go in phases and if you foresee a busy time for a while don't feel bad about getting more assistance. To keep things going I think people understand the need to share the load.
Ufasimba

Years of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby Amanda » May 14th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Well I get that you've been busy and haven't had time for the awards or the radio, but what about the rest of the mods? You may have been busy but I doubt the other five mods didn't have at least a few spare seconds to take over while you were gone. In fact, for the past several months, they've almost taken over the contest. So I think the blame rests more on them not taking the contests seriously than you not having time for them.

Yeah sorry for ranting, I know the radio is a lot of work, but the Awards thread literally takes like 2 seconds out of your day to set up...
Image (c) me
The web is at war. HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS!

Amanda
MLK Princess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm too sexy for MLK

Nickname(s): 'Manda, Panda, Manderz, Ananda, Banana
Pride Points: 67

Postby KingKivuli » May 14th, 2012, 11:39 pm

as i said i apologise for the mishaps on behalf of the staff and myself for it, we do have alot going on between us forum wise and outside in our personal lifes. Yes it takes 2 minutes but when its something non vital to the forum or to real life it does kinda get lost by the wayside.still back on track next month... just in time for TLK birthday!
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Arani » May 14th, 2012, 11:48 pm

You all have to understand that we all have lives of our own. It may take only 2 minutes, but there are things outside of that that you guys are unaware of. Not to worry, it will be back in June. So we skip a month, big deal.

You know the problem with being the last of anything? By and by, there'll be none left at all.
Arani
Still thinking about running?

Think you can outrun the world?

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 55

Postby Azdgari » May 15th, 2012, 12:59 pm

KingKivuli wrote:as i said i apologise for the mishaps on behalf of the staff and myself for it

Well, that's that then. ;3
Guess the Member with KKVK4: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
All You Need Is Love

MLK Writing Contest Founder

Pride Points: 77