Board index » Welcome » Award Ceremonies

Master of Shadows
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Pride Points: 53
PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 1:21 pm 
Post subject: Awards Infomation

Ok so I've been thinking maybe I should talk a little bit about the awards in general, why I am late started most of them, why I even started doing them in the first place, and where I am going with it

So lets start from the beginning. This must have been about.... what 2 years now just over, that I began the awards, at first it was very hap hazard how they were going to be run simply cause well.. I dived into it without thinking fully but in time we got it working and the first generation of awards was made. Back then it was separated into categories, one per month. They were roleplaying, AMV's, Graphics, and Fan fiction. It would go in a rotation with people winning each month. The idea was to try and get people interested in doing such things and enter for the award.

This lasted just about a year then really went down hill and stopped... nothing was being done with them MLK and the award did kinda hit a rut and so it all stopped. People started talking about having the awards back so back to the drawing board and out came the awards we have now. While many people will argue that the selective awards were better I disagree. This way even if you cant draw, write, make graphics or vids etc you can still win if you a good contributing member of MLK.

So how do the awards work now? Simple once a month an award is hosted and a winner is picked. For the rest of the 12 months we run the awards they can no longer be nominated. In September there will be one more MOTM which will only last about a week, then the main event the Member of the Year award. Only the 12 people who won the MOTM over the past year get a chance to be voted and win at the end, these people are the most contributing and liked members of MLK as voted for by you, the other members. The staff have no part in who gets picked, its all up to you

So that's how the awards work, now onto why I miss posting the threads. Quite simply... life. Most of my daily life is made up of looking for work, doing chores and odd jobs or most importantly spending time with my fiancée. So the lack of posting is simply cause I forget or something more important distracts me. So if you want the awards to run on time feel free to give me a poke in PM's or over skype/msn, that's a sure fire way to get me to do it especially when I forget. Sorry about all that life sucks... well everything except my fiancée anyway

So what now, where do I plan going with these awards? TBH I am happy with how things are running currently its alot smoother then previously and much easier to organise, but I am not one to disregard opinions so if you have an idea, tell me, post it here and discuss it or again just PM or IM me I will respond and if the idea can work I see no reason not to run it at least once

Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos

Profile album

All You Need Is Love
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

MLK Writing Contest Founder

Pride Points: 77
PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Re: Awards Infomation

If it's a load, you could always pass it off to someone less busy who would be able to run them. Sounds like you've got a lot going on--and you're an admin, so why not lighten your load? In any case, no worries about the delays. ;3

Guess the Member with KKVK4: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"

Remembering the Hitch
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brains are useful. I wish everybody had one...

Pride Points: 117
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 9:28 am 

I absolutely understand that life goes before everything, but We still have the media group which was originally made for this. Why not call it back to life?

Master of Shadows
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Pride Points: 53
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 10:50 am 

the media group is really all over the place right now. yeah im trying to bring life back into it but its gonna take time and only really worth it if people want involved

Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos

Profile album

Remembering the Hitch

PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 3:48 pm 

KingKivuli wrote:
the media group is really all over the place right now. yeah im trying to bring life back into it but its gonna take time and only really worth it if people want involved

Well, I still have access to post in this section and I'd be happy to assist you :)
If you want of course.

I only take what I need, I am so light on my feet
I will not stop or concede, I am not driven by greed
No moral compass for me, it's all just natural feelings
Existence has no meaning, there's no such thing as happy

Bella Ciao

Pride Points: 97
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 6:32 pm 

I think I asked you at once about the media group, and it really seems like the best option, I mean, staffs will always be busy checking up the forum, so it's better that way, I want to be involved in the media group, again.

Just a thing, you say the MOTM it's such a more fair thing, but this is what I see: MOTM is not anymore a contest won by the one who contributes the most, at least not in the most of time, I see large ammount ot people nominating their friends or just voting cause ''this guy is funny'', even nominate people for its posts in sections really different to TLK ones, so there's no point. Also, these will be running at a point that memebers will be nominated cause ''all the good ones'' have won already...

What do I propose?, bring back the selective awards, which, as you say, will make people get back into rping, fan fictions, which are parts of the forum that aren't as active as before, and also the other two categories, Graphics and Artists. but, after these a MOTM award to be done, and also, the MOTM award should be ''renovated'' each year, I mean, let's say Woeler won in 2012, then he should be able to be nominated in 2013...

What would I also suggest?, if it's too much hard for an only person to make all these, why not taking the hosts of each contest?, I mean, there's a host for a graphic contest, there's one for fan artist, there's other for fan fiction, only lefts the RPing one that could be either the fan fiction host or the same one that organizes the MOTM.

This way, it'd be a lighter task for you and everybody win, I guess x)

My TLK blog

Cursed is the one who trusts in man

Jeremiah 17-5

And I don't want the world to see me,
'cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

I Don't believe in Woeler1, Azdgari is the rightful god and i'm not afraid to admit it.

Profile album

We don't steal jobs

We make them better - MESA Labs

Pride Points: 100
Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 6:43 pm 

I am 100% against the removal of the specialized awards. I would hate to see them go. Like just about everyone who posted here has said: we can help you run the monthly awards if you need to. :)

Several of us here already run monthly contests, and therefore awards. So even now, the entire system is somewhat decentralized with various things going on at the same time. But I am quite certain that if you feel that the load is too heavy, you will find plenty of members who do have a bit of extra time and will be willing to run the awards.

Like Woeler said: we just need the media group to be propped back up. Give me access in there and I will gladly help out as well!

Awesome stuff: show

Profile album

Remembering the Hitch

PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 8:23 pm 

DGFone wrote:
I am 100% against the removal of the specialized awards. I would hate to see them go. Like just about everyone who posted here has said: we can help you run the monthly awards if you need to.

uhm, did I miss something? Who said the specialized awards would stop?
against it btw, but who said this, and why?

I only take what I need, I am so light on my feet
I will not stop or concede, I am not driven by greed
No moral compass for me, it's all just natural feelings
Existence has no meaning, there's no such thing as happy

Bella Ciao

Pride Points: 97
PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 8:39 pm 

i think if you read above.... it says they used to be like that but then they changed to another system... LOL, if they stopped surely it was because of KK being busy, also it happened that the last memeber of the year award got a sort of new... system, aswell, people thought it was unfair for those who didn't have such specialized skills and KK changed it to the system we have now xD

My TLK blog

Cursed is the one who trusts in man

Jeremiah 17-5

And I don't want the world to see me,
'cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.

I Don't believe in Woeler1, Azdgari is the rightful god and i'm not afraid to admit it.

Profile album

Board index » Welcome » Award Ceremonies

Search:
Jump to: