The Lost Prince: Kopa [FULL]

Re: The Lost Prince: Kopa [FULL]

Postby Carl » January 18th, 2016, 6:36 am

Yeah, "she" meant Zira.

And I think Janja's clan would be independent of her. I doubt Zira would get along with Janja... she'd probably kill him. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Braveheart » January 18th, 2016, 6:47 am

Zira & Idir's relationship is more of a boss-subordinate relationship. I doubt he would be likeable enough to be family, other than just following her orders. Besides Zira already have Kovu...

Zira lived in the same outlands as the Hyenas...Maybe we'll see some conflict later.
Huh, okay, I'll just make Idir act differently if that's the case.
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby Gemini » January 18th, 2016, 6:54 am

[quote="Braveheart"]
It's good to see a old hand on deck :) let's do that suggestion for inactive players.If finalized, I'll go ahead n add it to the front page so everyone knows.

As for the pages getting too long and all, perhaps we can add a page summary to summarize what has been going on so far. Just a view of the summary and you'll be good to go.[/quote]

Sounds great, yeah; you should add it to the front. :) And as for the page summary... I feel like that would be an unnecessary amount of extra work, especially considering that subbing a new roleplayer in would be difficult. Not only would we need to find a new person in the event someone goes AWOL, but there's also the question of if the inactive person returns... do they get booted out of the roleplay? Does the new person have to return the characters?

Personally, I feel it would be much less complicated to just split the characters up. There's... what, five of us, I think? :simbahuh: And we are all only playing 3 characters. I don't think it'd be too much for people to play 1 extra character in the case of someone disappearing.

[quote="Braveheart"]
Unlike novel writing, RP is always different. In novel writing, you get to choose predictability & where the characters go because you know your own world. You are the sole director. In an RP, everyone's a director, that's the difference.

Predictability = Easier to write, everything is set. Less Room for creativity.
Non Predictability= More Creativity & you get that 'mysterious' feel. But harder to write.

I agree on the time frame period discussion through. Probably the RP ends when the big bad has been defeated & everyone goes their own ways, waiting for another adventure again. (Not everyone but you get the idea :P )

I would like to discuss everyone's character relationship to each other before we start through. Maybe that would make it easier to write?

E.g, Idir hates Kion, likes Zuri, have dealings with Zira & neutral to everyone else.

If not, that's okay I think...[/quote]

Agreed on that. Novel writing is different. So I think if we just go in the middle, have some things plotted out and some things open for improvisation, we should be okay. :P And that might be a good place to start. We can say briefly how we plan on playing our characters and who we think they would get along with.

Bunga obviously would get along with Kion, and I guess Kiara (?). Not sure - I haven't watched the new TLG episodes yet. He would dislike any hyenas and I think he would be very suspicious of Kovu (similar to how Timon was in TLK II). Same with Vitani. I think he would be very concerned for Kopa's safety and would do whatever necessary to help Kion find his brother again.

I don't know anything about Beshte yet, but I'm assuming he would tag along with the Lion Guard and be of service when necessary. From what little I've seen of him, he strikes me as someone who's pretty quiet, but strong... probably good for advice.

Kiara would have some friction with her brother Kion but she would tag along simply because she wants to go on an adventure and this strikes her as the perfect opportunity to do so without having her father/family all over her. She's obviously very worried about Kopa and I could see her eventually getting along with Vitani (after a few initial misunderstandings). Tiifu and Zuri are her friends and she seems quite close to them.

Think that sums it up for my characters for right now. If anyone wants to add onto that, that's fine. ^^

EDIT: I was ninja'd but I agree with Julie's observation of Zira. After what happened with Scar and the way the hyenas failed to protect him/ran away after the fire/etc., I would think that she would really hate hyena-kind in general, regardless of who they were, in much the same way that she hates all Pridelanders regardless of who they are.
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » January 18th, 2016, 7:05 am

[quote="Braveheart"]Zira & Idir's relationship is more of a boss-subordinate relationship. I doubt he would be likeable enough to be family, other than just following her orders. Besides Zira already have Kovu...

Zira lived in the same outlands as the Hyenas...Maybe we'll see some conflict later.
Huh, okay, I'll just make Idir act differently if that's the case.[/quote]
Well I mean, he can be a subordinate without her liking him. It'll depend on his actions how exactly she'll view him.

As for them living in the same Outlands... well we have no proof of that. Technically everything that isn't the Pride Lands would be called "outlands." Doesn't mean Zira lives near any hyenas.

Also I agree with Twin about the page summaries.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Braveheart » January 18th, 2016, 7:53 am

Okay Gemini, I'll go add that now.

How long of not posting should be considered inactivity?

[quote]As for them living in the same Outlands... well we have no proof of that. Technically everything that isn't the Pride Lands would be called "outlands." Doesn't mean Zira lives near any hyenas.[/quote]
The outlands is quite big, and yes you're right in saying so. Looks like the conflict between the hyenas and Zira would be scaled down.

How I plan to play my characters:

Nuka - Jealous of Kovu, Fanatic and fiercely loyal towards Zira, share the same beliefs as her that pride landers are evil and gets along fairly okay with Vitani.

Kopa - I think this really depends on what Zira & co has in store for him. He has become rather timid and scared...

Idir- The mysterious cub who serves Zira and his own agenda. Despite his outward appearances of sincerity, he actually doesn't care both the pridelanders & outlanders. He treats his master Zira with utmost respect. (Or tries to.) He treats the rest of the outlanders as partners and nothing more. (Neutral relationship). All that matters is the Mission, Zuri and staying alive to go back home. Home is a nice marshland far across the desert.

Simba - The King of the Pridelanders, father of Kopa, Kiara & Kion, husband to Nala. He is the lion who value traditional values the most. Throughout the story, he'll act as a fatherly figure.
(TBH, he's a minor character in this RP because it focuses on the younger generation)
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Gemini » January 19th, 2016, 8:24 am

I think if they post and say that they will be gone for a while, then 'inactive' simply means significantly longer than what they warned us about (two weeks instead of a couple days). Otherwise, if no warning is given, then I think that a week or two of not posting is enough to divide up characters. They can always get them back if they become active again.

Of course, this might depend based off of how often we actually reply to each other at any given time. If this is the sort of RP where people leave fairly short posts and respond to each other every day, being gone for a week would stand out, and characters would definitely need to be divided up for the story to progress. But if this is the sort of RP where posts are really infrequent but well thought out, and it normally takes a few days for any one person to respond, then it might not be so weird if they don't post for two weeks or so. It all varies. So it's hard to say without the RP actually being in motion. I think if it just becomes really obvious that the person isn't there, and we need to do something with their character(s) for the plot to progress, then that should be the point where we start thinking about how to take control of their character(s).

Anyhow, I think if we want, we can get the RP up and moving now. Just as long as we know where we are starting.

The person who creates the roleplay should (and usually does) have the honor of making the first post. That would be you, this time. :)
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby Braveheart » January 19th, 2016, 9:13 am

I'm actually used to posting short paragraph (s), not long compositions, because I'm not sure of others' actions before giving back a response. :P It may have been better in a 1 v 1 RP, but in a long RP, it would take ages for responses (we have 6 people.) I was tempted to post 1 line answers, but I think everyone would be pissed off...

Will be starting soon in after I'm done with this book.

(Public or Private section?)
Braveheart

Postby Gemini » January 19th, 2016, 9:23 am

(Should be private, because we have everyone that we need ^^).

And I agree. More people generally means faster pace and less long answers. 1 v 1 is usually where you get the book-length responses, lol. I normally post lengthily and infrequently but I will try to adjust to this pace. ^^

So, I think a few short paragraphs should be just fine.
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Braveheart » January 19th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Okay, everyone, this RP is now up at the Private section. We'll continue discussing details/plot stuff/feedback here. :) Link is in the pick below.

Last edited by Braveheart on January 19th, 2016, 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Braveheart

Postby Gemini » January 19th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Awesome! ^^ I will have a look at it in a moment.

Definitely won't reply right now, though... it's 4 AM here. :innocent: I have class tomorrow at 11.
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

PreviousNext

Return to RP Planning & Discussions