Story/RP Players wanted

Story/RP Players wanted

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 6:06 am

Hello there. I'm in the mood to write with some people and create a story. No, not an RP per-say. Just a story. No, "I do this and it causes that!" kind of RPer's. If you can't write a paragraph in the third person then I don't want to RP with you.

Anyways. I want to do a story but I'm not sure what I want to do, but I do want to write a story with someone that I can be sucked into. You know what I mean?
Please post here if you're interested and we'll figure out what to do from there. :P

Link to my character: http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=40323
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Re: Story/RP Players wanted

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 7:04 am

Your OC's got an interesting background, and any plot that can be built around it has the potential to go in pretty much any direction.

Since his father was exiled he might still be alive, and if they were to meet each other again this whole thing of Rav not wanting to reclaim his pride can become a main conflict.
It can also revolve around him and his mother searching for a new home (which would most likely mean another pride), but this can be a problem if Rav only believes he has a life of solitude ahead of him / if he wants a lonely life. I'm sure his mother doesn't want that kind of life for her son and that she wants him to be happy.
Maybe the male who exiled his father wants Rav dead because he thinks of him as a threat. That can serve to build up a story as well. Although, when you think about it, it seems unlikely because that male would have then killed his father rather than exile him because Rav's father is also a potential threat...

These are 3 examples I can think of at the moment, but I know there are many other possibilities.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Well, the way I understand it is that a pride consists of, or can consist of, multiple males with one dominant male. When a male, such as it's king, is defeated for their position and breeding rights that lion is exiled and forced to find a new pride. It's actually pretty rare that they kill each other. It's a little like a wolf pack but not.

The second example was more along the lines of what I had in mind for him. Rav and his mother searching for a new Pride would be a good story! Even better if they built their own pride and along the way and then dear old dad shows up to try and take over? This needs a bit more thought but I think it'll be worth it.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 1:37 pm

The father will try to take over his son's pride?
That sounds like it hasn't been done before...
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 2:48 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]The father will try to take over his son's pride?
That sounds like it hasn't been done before...[/quote]
Sarcasm?
Actually I hadn't planned on making this particular plot take up a whole lot of time. I just figured it's good for character development.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 2:49 pm

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I honestly haven't come across a story where something like that happens before.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 3:19 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]No, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I honestly haven't come across a story where something like that happens before.[/quote]
Ah, okay. Well then I guess I should make it a more prominent story arc?
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Depends. It doesn't sound like something that can be the center of attention for too long if you ask me.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 3:42 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]Depends. It doesn't sound like something that can be the center of attention for too long if you ask me.[/quote]
Well, no. I hadn't planned on making it a huge focal point.

I think other than that the story is going to depend on how many people join and who.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 3:48 pm

You mean as in how many characters there will be or how many roleplayers?
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Next

Return to RP Planning & Discussions