Touchy Subject?

Touchy Subject?

Postby FlipMode » July 29th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Well I have an idea for a story. However the character I want to write about has a birth defect.
I won't spoil what but the story centres around him dealing with that and how it effects his ability to become a king (he's a prince like Simba) and how he grows and adapts around it etc.

Just wandered if maybe that's a bit of a no go subject? I don't think I've ever read this kind of story before at least not in a fanfiction sense.
Opinions please. Thanks.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Touchy Subject?

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 29th, 2014, 10:15 pm

I, personally, don't see why you can't type a story like that. :D
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby FlipMode » July 29th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Well I know I could :) I think what I really meant is what do people think of the idea? Does it seem like something that you would be interested in reading?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 30th, 2014, 12:15 am

Yeah, I would be interested in reading it. :D
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Carl » July 30th, 2014, 1:36 am

Stories like that do tend to be interesting, although now that you mention, I've not really seen any fics like that either. It's an interesting concept that I'd probably read. :)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » July 30th, 2014, 9:24 am

Thank you guyseses! I'll roll with it and see what happens. Expect to be reading it soon. :)
FlipMode

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 1st, 2014, 6:43 am

Some of my favorite stories are the ones that have sensitive/politically incorrect topics. I say go for it.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby FlipMode » August 2nd, 2014, 12:29 pm

Yeah that's kind of how I got inspired for this one really. I was thinking like "Okay what do I like in a story" and I think it is because it gives the character a unique twist and isn't totally unbelievable either.
Still working on this by the way :D
FlipMode

Postby Timon the great » August 2nd, 2014, 10:47 pm

I don't think this is a bad idea at all. I'm pretty sure there have been fanfics already done out there that involve such characters, even animated in this case, just like what has definitely already been done on animated films.

Spoiler: show
Though, I wonder if there has been any ani films/fics that involve characters with like, an intended mental disorder. But crazy ones is another thing. And there's definitely a few LK-wise, which isn't a bad thing here. Image

But in any case, good luck on writing this character of yours to your heart's desire! I may actually take a look at it when you decide to post it on here.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby TomCat » August 3rd, 2014, 4:09 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Pride Points: 0

Next

Return to Planning and Characters