A More Hamlet Lion King

A More Hamlet Lion King

Postby dariusgib » January 28th, 2012, 7:35 pm

At Boarding school i have a Teacher called Dr Soderholm, a AMAZING english teacher and from him im learning Hamlet in depth and im only 14! So i cam up with an idea, Lion knig was based of Hamlet, so what if i made a fan fic that made the Lion king more like Hamlet, what do you think?
Image Created by Simbaholic

Help them to see. That the people here are like you and me. Lets us show them how to play the pipes of peace. Paul Mccartney
dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Look what you've done to Mr Bigglesworth!

Nickname(s): Zazu Blackadder,Pingu, Machievelli,the artist, etc
Pride Points: 3

Re: A More Hamlet Lion King

Postby cleargreenwater » January 28th, 2012, 7:46 pm

I would read it, sounds like it would be a great challenge for you as the writer and it would be interesting to read, especially how you would handle Nala/the Ophelia character parallel, since they're different personality types.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby dariusgib » January 29th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I thought the hardest part would be who would be Horatio and Polinious, It is a fight between Zazu, Rafki and Ni, because Ni would be good because he has a daughter so he could be Polinious but the big problem is that he isnt really a scholar, Zazu and Rafiki cant be polinious due to the daughter thing, Nala could be adopted. Do you think i should write is as script, or as a full story

Help them to see. That the people here are like you and me. Lets us show them how to play the pipes of peace. Paul Mccartney
dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » January 31st, 2012, 2:26 am

I would prefer a full story, but you can whatever you want!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby cleargreenwater » January 31st, 2012, 2:59 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I would prefer a full story, but you can whatever you want![/quote]

Yeah, I prefer reading stories, but like The Lion Prince said, it's whatever is most fun for you, if you want to do a rescript that's cool too since the original Hamlet IS a play afterall.

So whichever project you think you'd enjoy more!

cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Postby dariusgib » February 1st, 2012, 2:38 pm

I would like to make this a play, one because Hamlet was first a play and also because it is easy to write, insures i wont mess up most likely hehe and so i can do it quickly. One last thing before i start, who do you think the lion king Equivelent to these character should be.
Horatio: Hamlets best friend from University
Polonious: The second man to Cladius
Laehartes: The son of Cladious

dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Postby TheLionPrince » February 2nd, 2012, 11:32 pm

Fine with me, darius.

As for Horatio, you can guess either Timon or Pumbaa as they are both friends of Hamlet/Simba. Keep in mind that if you were suggesting Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to be Timon and Pumbaa, it wouldn't really work, because the hyenas suit the role more as they work for Claudius/Scar to kill Hamlet/Simba.

As for Polonious, I have no idea! But if I had to choose, I would choose Rafiki! In Act II, Hamlet refers to Polonius as a "tedious old fool", while Simba calls Rafiki something similiar, "creepy little monkey". Also, they are both old characters, though it's ironic in your story, how a mandrill can have two lions as his children.

For Laehartes, he is actually Polonius's son, not Claudius's. I would say Kovu would be a great choice! Both want to get revenge on Hamlet/Simba for another character's death; for Laehartes, he wants to avenge his sister, Ophelia, and for Kovu, it's Scar.
TheLionPrince

Postby cleargreenwater » February 3rd, 2012, 2:09 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]As for Horatio, you can guess either Timon or Pumbaa as they are both friends of Hamlet/Simba. Keep in mind that if you were suggesting Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to be Timon and Pumbaa, it wouldn't really work, because the hyenas suit the role more as they work for Claudius/Scar to kill Hamlet/Simba.[/quote]

I actually have to agree with this. I didn't want to mess up the ideas you told me about in the PM, but I really think Pumbaa (my first choice) and/or Timon are the best candidates for Horatio, a decent sensible guy that cares about his friend but is never in that same social circle that gets sucked in to the drama either.

cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Postby dariusgib » February 3rd, 2012, 12:07 pm

mmmm thanks for this....i've got all of them now...however this is what i think for Leahrtes.
He should be Mheetu because he is sister of Nala and (because Sarafina mate is never in the film) would make sense to adopt the two. What do you think

dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Postby TheLionPrince » February 3rd, 2012, 10:43 pm

[quote="dariusgib"]mmmm thanks for this....i've got all of them now...however this is what i think for Leahrtes.
He should be Mheetu because he is sister of Nala and (because Sarafina mate is never in the film) would make sense to adopt the two. What do you think[/quote]

Good choice! How could I forget about Mheetu is beyond me!?

[quote="cleargreenwater"][quote="TheLionPrince"]As for Horatio, you can guess either Timon or Pumbaa as they are both friends of Hamlet/Simba. Keep in mind that if you were suggesting Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to be Timon and Pumbaa, it wouldn't really work, because the hyenas suit the role more as they work for Claudius/Scar to kill Hamlet/Simba.[/quote]

I actually have to agree with this. I didn't want to mess up the ideas you told me about in the PM, but I really think Pumbaa (my first choice) and/or Timon are the best candidates for Horatio, a decent sensible guy that cares about his friend but is never in that same social circle that gets sucked in to the drama either.[/quote]

Thanks! 8-) And yeah, Pumbaa should be Horatio!
TheLionPrince

Next

Return to Planning and Characters