Paw Prints in the Stars - LK Series Chronology

Re: Paw Prints in the Stars - LK Series Chronology

Postby KingKovu44 » August 4th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Ok. This sounds like a good series. I can't wait to see it.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Kina » August 4th, 2011, 11:54 pm

I'm going to post a preview to the prelude soon, once I outline more characters for Volume I. ^^

*Huggles Sahala.* She's one of my favorite characters.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby Kina » August 5th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Here's a link to a current, rough family tree for the main protagonists with some antagonists:

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2mwsexk.jpg
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kina » August 7th, 2011, 3:40 am

Half complete prelude to the first volume, rough draft:

Volume I: Light in the Dark
Prelude

Herds were thinning out. The grass was getting dry and brittle, the vibrant green fading to a listless yellow. A sigh escaped Sahala’s muzzle as she and her mate waded through the shoulder high sea of deadened turf, before brushing her head under Rabi’s muddy looking mane. A soft purr rumbled from his throat at her affectionate gesture, pausing to lick the top of the pale beige female’s head.

His viridian green eyes strayed towards her swollen stomach during that pause, purr deepening. “Did Nzee say when to expect our cubs yet?” Rabi asked softly, lightly flicking his tail against her own, his clay coloring creating a sharp contrast even in the rich evening light.

A light laugh danced through the air. “Not for another half-moon at least, Rabi. You shouldn’t worry so – we’ll be fine, all of us,” Sahala promised, muzzle twitching into a smile as she padded ahead, glancing ahead at the massive boulder jutting into the sky. It had caught their attention the moment they’d entered these lands, moons ago. Nodding towards the Rock, her ears perked forward as she walked. “Nzee is probably waiting on us,” the lioness added pointedly, knowing the motherly elder wouldn’t be comfortable with them out and about with the coming night. More so because of their cubs than anything.

Rabi inclined his head, trotting to catch up to his mate as the Rock’s shadow fell over them. His head lifted with the damp wind, inhaling deeply as his paws ate the ground. “Rain … This’ll be a nice change,” he murmured, pebbles skittering away under his paws as they approached the incline.

Sahala nodded as she climbed the cool stones, though catching another unfamiliar scent. Another wanderer?
Kina

Postby changa » August 10th, 2011, 12:00 am

Hey, cool idea. The new Chronicles of the Pridelands? I can't wait to see what happens.
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly

Postby Kina » August 10th, 2011, 12:44 am

I actually haven't read the first one. How many volumes are there, and how far back/forward do they go into the series?
Kina

Postby changa » August 10th, 2011, 12:52 am

The first one goes from Ahadi's birth to Simba's birth. And then there are others like Rafiki's story, etc. Overall, there are seven. (I think)
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

Postby Kina » August 10th, 2011, 1:46 am

I see, XD. Well, this has seven volumes as well. Thanks for that tidbit, Changa. ^^
Kina

Postby Kina » October 6th, 2011, 3:32 am

Just an update - I haven't forgotten this series! I still plan to work on it, but during November I'll be swamped with NaNoWriMo.
Kina

Postby changa » October 7th, 2011, 1:57 am

Don't worry about it. I think that something like this'll take a year or so, at least.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

PreviousNext

Return to Planning and Characters