Writing Contest/Exhibition? :3

Re: Writing Contest/Exhibition? :3

Postby changa » July 4th, 2011, 4:29 pm

[quote="Kopalover"]I'll join, but it depends if you get to choose your own topic. I can't write good stories if people tell me what to do, but otherwise . I'll join! :)[/quote]

I don't think Kopalover would like the idea for prompts...
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly
Pride Points: 9

Postby DGFone » July 4th, 2011, 5:13 pm

I'm fine with a prompt. I will also try to write something at a manageable length, but I can't make any promises. :?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » July 4th, 2011, 5:50 pm

After thinking about it, I think 2000 words is the length I would want to go with. It's about four pages of a word document at size 12 font and it's generally plenty of room to work with. If anything it forces you to be more concise and wise with your writing, which never hurts. :3

So 2000 would be the target length. It doesn't -have- to be 2000, If you can write a fantastic 500 word story, that's fine. And if you end up at like 2200, that's not the end of the world either. How's that sound to people?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby TheGunner18 » July 4th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Hmm...I think I could definitely write something non-TLK related. I know exactly what I'd write about if I could do that :P I think I could still write something TLK related, though...I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it :)
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby Kopalover » July 5th, 2011, 2:40 am

I usually can't write for that long! D:
I'll probably make it 1500 or maybe 1200?

Size 12, right? :)

Hmm, maybe someone describe to me what a Prompt is?
My education is different for all you. Sorry is this causes inconvenience!!
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » July 5th, 2011, 3:24 am

I guess that 2000 words will work. But what is the prompt?
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby changa » July 5th, 2011, 3:31 am

@Kopalover: Like a theme. For example: "Write about what Simba did in the jungle."
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly
Pride Points: 9

Postby Kopalover » July 5th, 2011, 3:35 am

[quote="changa"]@Kopalover: Like a theme. For example: "Write about what Simba did in the jungle."[/quote]

Thank you!

I'm cool with little things like that.
If it's like;

Tell the story of how Billy got through the barn, but got attacked by a ghost horse and broke his leg.

Those I can not do. :P
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby DGFone » July 5th, 2011, 4:04 am

[quote="Kopalover"]
Tell the story of how Billy got through the barn, but got attacked by a ghost horse and broke his leg.

Those I can not do. :P[/quote]

Lol! :lol:

I also like less-specific topics. When you have a prompt that is point-by point, you are eliminating a lot of creativity.

So when do we find out about the prompt?
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » July 5th, 2011, 8:35 am

Is everybody cool with having a prompt and 2000 words being the target length? ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

PreviousNext

Return to Planning and Characters